Shannen Doherty's 911 Call That Saves Fan's Life Released
A 911 call that Shannen Doherty put to save her fan's life was released on Sunday, December 9. The former "Beverly Hills 90210" star recently noticed that one of her Twitter followers in New Jersey was suicidal and contacted authorities to prevent the unwanted incident from happening.
Doherty was concerned by a tweet from a fan, a 27-year-old woman, who threatened to shoot herself. "This is going to sound incredibly strange," she told a police dispatcher on the call. "My name is Shannen Doherty and I'm an actress. I am on Twitter, sadly, and there is a girl that is threatening to shoot herself and she lives somewhere over there. I'm completely untrained to deal with somebody threatening to commit suicide, especially via Twitter."
Doherty then gave them the Twitter information and stayed on the line just in case the police needed her to speak to the fan. "My security guys actually told me to block her, because she’s super-aggressive and does very erratic things. I'm sitting here, like, you know, freaking out and held hostage and I can't even do anything," Doherty said further.
Police came to the woman's house and found out that she was okay. Doherty had asked the police to give her the news and once she knew that the fan was fine, she tweeted "Thanks". However, before she put down the phone, the dispatcher let her know he was a fan. "All my co-workers can't believe who I'm on the phone with," the dispatcher said. "They all want your Twitter account."
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight