Pepsi Lands New Deal With Beyonce for $50 Million
Pepsi gets Beyonce Knowles as its face once more for estimated $50 million. The soda brand has struck a new deal with the singer for her to appear on its advertisement and new commercial in addition to investment in her independent artistic ventures.
Her new TV ad for the soft drink company will be debuted after her Super Bowl XLVII halftime performance on February 3. PepsiCo is a sponsor of the big sport event. Beyonce's face will also be found on limited edition cans that start going on market in March. The deal also includes a sponsorship of her tour next year to promote her new album as well as other projects like live events, videos or "a cool photo shoot".
"Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve," Beyonce said in a statement via The New York Times. "As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity."
Lee Anne Callahan-Longo, general manager of Beyonce's Parkwood Entertainment, said that they have already been in early stages of these projects' development.
Beyonce and Pepsi have been in partnership since 2001. The company recruited Nicki Minaj earlier this year to appear on its first global campaign, using her song "Moment 4 Life".
More Beyonce Knowles News
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two