Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page to Go on Tour in 2013
Initially, Jimmy Page, the guitarist of legendary band Led Zeppelin, had wanted to go on his solo tour this year, but it had to take a backseat to their live DVD "Celebration Day" released last November 19 and which they are currently promoting. The film is a concert of the band's 2007 reunion show at London's O2 Arena.
"This time last year I intended to be actually playing by now in a live outfit," he said in an interview with Guitar World. "So that will have to be postponed now into sort of next year, tail-end of next year. But I definitely want to be doing that."
He also denied rumors that he, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham will replace Robert Plant as soloist. Page clarifies, "[After the 2007 O2 Arena tribute gig] Jason Bonham, myself and John Paul Jones felt it was the right thing to do to go in and start playing new material and see how we were getting on. There was talk about bringing in some other singers, but that would have changed the character of what we were doing, and done it rather suddenly."
Just last week, Led Zeppelin were awarded special honors by President Barack Obama for their contribution to American culture and the arts. All the band members except for drummer Jason Bonham were able to attend and receive their award personally during the ceremonies held at the Kennedy Center, with President Obama telling the band, "You still rock!"
More Jimmy Page News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes