Samuel L. Jackson Wants to Return as Mace Windu in 'Star Wars Episode 7'
Would Mace Windu appear in "Star Wars Episode 7"? The casting for the highly-anticipated movie has yet to be set but Samuel L. Jackson has expressed interest to reprise his role as the Jedi master. Though he already has a number of gigs on his plate, Jackson admitted that he was very "excited" about the space trilogy project.
"I'm not surprised but totally geeked by the idea of there being more Star Wars," so the Nick Fury of "The Avengers" excitedly told E! News. "It's like, okay, Obi-Wan was dead when episode four started, so maybe everyone thinks I'm dead and we'll find out what happened to Mace Windu."
He went on gushing, "I can come back as one-armed or a one-handed Jedi that's still around that didn't actually die." Urged further if he would like to return for the new trilogy, the 63-year-old actor enthused, "Hell yeah! I could do that or be a ghost hologram. I don't care. I just want to stay associated with the franchise. Not that I won't because I've been in three of them."
Asked what it was about the "Star Wars" franchise that made him want to return to it, Jackson answered, "I just always loved it. I always loved the idea of it, that there's this whole civilization out there somewhere else that's just as much fun and different and diverse and wild as we are."
Slated for a 2015 release, "Episode 7" is still hunting for its director. The project has secured Michael Ardnt to pen its screenplay. Further details of the project are currently scarce, but some people have been speculating that the story will take place after the events in "Return of Jedi".
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns