Artist of the Week: Keyshia Cole
Keyshia Cole made her personal statement to women in "Woman to Woman" and succesfully caught the hearts of music lovers. Describing the album as a "return to her roots" and a dedication to "her ladies," the R&B singer posted her fifth consecutive top ten album with the said effort.
Despite criticisms over the album's similarity with that of Mary J. Blige, it managed to debut at No. 10 on the US Billboard 200 chart. It soared higher at the R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, peaking at No. 2 with its first single "Enough of No Love" featuring Lil Wayne reaching as high as No. 7 on R&B singles chart.
"I took myself out of the equation this time around and I focused on my fans, just make sure that they're gonna be happy," she once revealed her goal with the album. "It's for women who have been through similar situations and can relate to me. It's for all women. It's also a personal statement," she additionally said.
"It has been 10 years since I signed to Interscope. I became a woman before everyone's eyes. The [photo composite] illustration on the cover was created because some of the songs aren't exactly about me, but they are stories that a lot of women can relate to," Cole went on sharing.
The fifth studio installment by the Grammy-nominated artist was the first released without Manny Halley as her manager. Refusing to end their relationship in a sour note, she said of her former longtime manager, "What's done is done and I love Manny like a brother. We grinded hard and we made a lot of things happen. But that chapter is now over."
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert