Artist of the Week: Keyshia Cole
Keyshia Cole made her personal statement to women in "Woman to Woman" and succesfully caught the hearts of music lovers. Describing the album as a "return to her roots" and a dedication to "her ladies," the R&B singer posted her fifth consecutive top ten album with the said effort.
Despite criticisms over the album's similarity with that of Mary J. Blige, it managed to debut at No. 10 on the US Billboard 200 chart. It soared higher at the R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart, peaking at No. 2 with its first single "Enough of No Love" featuring Lil Wayne reaching as high as No. 7 on R&B singles chart.
"I took myself out of the equation this time around and I focused on my fans, just make sure that they're gonna be happy," she once revealed her goal with the album. "It's for women who have been through similar situations and can relate to me. It's for all women. It's also a personal statement," she additionally said.
"It has been 10 years since I signed to Interscope. I became a woman before everyone's eyes. The [photo composite] illustration on the cover was created because some of the songs aren't exactly about me, but they are stories that a lot of women can relate to," Cole went on sharing.
The fifth studio installment by the Grammy-nominated artist was the first released without Manny Halley as her manager. Refusing to end their relationship in a sour note, she said of her former longtime manager, "What's done is done and I love Manny like a brother. We grinded hard and we made a lot of things happen. But that chapter is now over."
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie