Jenni Rivera's Death Confirmed by Her Father and Brothers
Soon after the plane carrying Jenni Rivera was found with no signs of survivors, her family issued a statement confirming her death. Her father Pedro and her brothers Gustavo and Juan Rivera spoke to the reporters outside their Lakewood, California home.
They said of Jenni's legacy and thanked fans for their support throughout the years. "She never gave up and she was good to everyone," Pedro said lovingly of his daughter.
The plane, a U.S.-registered Learjet 25, lost contact with air traffic controllers about 10 minutes later after taking off from Monterrey or approximately 60 miles away from the city while en route to Toluca, Mexico. The wreckage was found by the search party in El Tejote locality, Nuevo Leon State.
The Diva of the Banda was on the flight along with her publicist, lawyer, makeup artist and the flight crew. One day before the shocking accident, the mother of five and grandmother of two performed at a live concert in Monterrey. She was 43.
In the wake of the devastating news, the likes of Mario Lopez, Eva Longoria, Pitbull, Gloria Estefan and Ricky Martin sent their condolences and prayers for the late singer and her family.
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future