Jenni Rivera's Death Confirmed by Her Father and Brothers
Soon after the plane carrying Jenni Rivera was found with no signs of survivors, her family issued a statement confirming her death. Her father Pedro and her brothers Gustavo and Juan Rivera spoke to the reporters outside their Lakewood, California home.
They said of Jenni's legacy and thanked fans for their support throughout the years. "She never gave up and she was good to everyone," Pedro said lovingly of his daughter.
The plane, a U.S.-registered Learjet 25, lost contact with air traffic controllers about 10 minutes later after taking off from Monterrey or approximately 60 miles away from the city while en route to Toluca, Mexico. The wreckage was found by the search party in El Tejote locality, Nuevo Leon State.
The Diva of the Banda was on the flight along with her publicist, lawyer, makeup artist and the flight crew. One day before the shocking accident, the mother of five and grandmother of two performed at a live concert in Monterrey. She was 43.
In the wake of the devastating news, the likes of Mario Lopez, Eva Longoria, Pitbull, Gloria Estefan and Ricky Martin sent their condolences and prayers for the late singer and her family.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic