Jenni Rivera's Death Confirmed by Her Father and Brothers
Soon after the plane carrying Jenni Rivera was found with no signs of survivors, her family issued a statement confirming her death. Her father Pedro and her brothers Gustavo and Juan Rivera spoke to the reporters outside their Lakewood, California home.
They said of Jenni's legacy and thanked fans for their support throughout the years. "She never gave up and she was good to everyone," Pedro said lovingly of his daughter.
The plane, a U.S.-registered Learjet 25, lost contact with air traffic controllers about 10 minutes later after taking off from Monterrey or approximately 60 miles away from the city while en route to Toluca, Mexico. The wreckage was found by the search party in El Tejote locality, Nuevo Leon State.
The Diva of the Banda was on the flight along with her publicist, lawyer, makeup artist and the flight crew. One day before the shocking accident, the mother of five and grandmother of two performed at a live concert in Monterrey. She was 43.
In the wake of the devastating news, the likes of Mario Lopez, Eva Longoria, Pitbull, Gloria Estefan and Ricky Martin sent their condolences and prayers for the late singer and her family.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding