'Iron Man 3' Casts Wang Xuequi as Dr. Wu
Marvel's "Iron Man 3" has just expanded its cast ensemble. The highly-anticipated armored hero movie has added leading Chinese actor Wang Xuequi as Dr. Wu, Deadline reports. The last-minute addition took place shortly before the film kicks off its production in Beijing on Monday, December 10.
Before Xuequi snatched the role, famed Hong Kong actor Andy Lau was eyed to join the latest "Iron Man" film. He later bailed out of the project and Xuequi was rumored to replace Lau as Chen Lu a.k.a Radioactive Man. However, insiders insisted that Xueqi's role "is not a huge part."
Shortly after the news of Xuequi's casting broke, Marvel uncovered a brand new still that gave a first look at Dr. Wu. The image featured Xuequi in medical garb as he had a serious discussion with Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts and Don Cheadle's Rhodey. There's another photo that saw the Chinese actor shaking hands with Robert Downey Jr..
"Iron Man 3" will begin filming for a week in Mainland China soon. Set a year after the events in "The Avengers", the film will see Tony Stark fighting against The Mandarin, an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle.
The superhero movie will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on May 3, 2013. Ben Kingsley tackles the part of the Mandarin. Also joining the cast ensemble are Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale and Jon Favreau.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame