'Iron Man 3' Casts Wang Xuequi as Dr. Wu
Marvel's "Iron Man 3" has just expanded its cast ensemble. The highly-anticipated armored hero movie has added leading Chinese actor Wang Xuequi as Dr. Wu, Deadline reports. The last-minute addition took place shortly before the film kicks off its production in Beijing on Monday, December 10.
Before Xuequi snatched the role, famed Hong Kong actor Andy Lau was eyed to join the latest "Iron Man" film. He later bailed out of the project and Xuequi was rumored to replace Lau as Chen Lu a.k.a Radioactive Man. However, insiders insisted that Xueqi's role "is not a huge part."
Shortly after the news of Xuequi's casting broke, Marvel uncovered a brand new still that gave a first look at Dr. Wu. The image featured Xuequi in medical garb as he had a serious discussion with Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts and Don Cheadle's Rhodey. There's another photo that saw the Chinese actor shaking hands with Robert Downey Jr..
"Iron Man 3" will begin filming for a week in Mainland China soon. Set a year after the events in "The Avengers", the film will see Tony Stark fighting against The Mandarin, an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle.
The superhero movie will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on May 3, 2013. Ben Kingsley tackles the part of the Mandarin. Also joining the cast ensemble are Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale and Jon Favreau.
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video