The Rolling Stones Rock New York With 50th Anniversary Tour
The Rolling Stones kicked off the U.S. leg of their "50 and Counting...The Rolling Stones Live" tour last Saturday, December 8 and proved to fans that they still got what it took to fill a venue and give a powerful, rocking performance for their audience. Frontman Mick Jagger and the rest of the group averaging 68-plus in age were all exuberantly filled with energy as they gave age-defying renditions of old and new hits alike. Jagger howled, ran, danced, and reminisced about the band's glorious days and thanked the crowd for their continuous support through the years.
During the two-and-a-half hours show at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn, the Stones performed 20 of their greatest hits and gave 3 encore performances. Special guest Mary J. Blige joined Jagger for an edgy take on "Gimme Shelter", which then gave the crowd goosebumps as Blige belted her high notes for the song. The equally exciting encore included "You Can't Always Get What You Want", "Jumping Jack Flash" and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction".
Jagger, who often paused in the middle of the concert, went on to share some of his thoughts about their band's musical career. "People say, why do you keep doing this? Why do you keep touring, coming back? The answer is, you're the reason we're doing this. Thank you for buying our records and coming to our shows for the last 50 years," said the 69-year-old rocker before leaping into his performance of "Brown Sugar".
The Stones had a triumphant anniversary tour in London last month where they impressed loyal fans at the O2 Arena. The Barclay's show was first of four New York-area gigs this month for the legendary quartet. They will have two other performances next week at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, and were recently added to the 12-12-12 hurricane benefit which will take place at the Madison Square Garden on Wednesday.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?