The Rolling Stones Rock New York With 50th Anniversary Tour
The Rolling Stones kicked off the U.S. leg of their "50 and Counting...The Rolling Stones Live" tour last Saturday, December 8 and proved to fans that they still got what it took to fill a venue and give a powerful, rocking performance for their audience. Frontman Mick Jagger and the rest of the group averaging 68-plus in age were all exuberantly filled with energy as they gave age-defying renditions of old and new hits alike. Jagger howled, ran, danced, and reminisced about the band's glorious days and thanked the crowd for their continuous support through the years.
During the two-and-a-half hours show at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn, the Stones performed 20 of their greatest hits and gave 3 encore performances. Special guest Mary J. Blige joined Jagger for an edgy take on "Gimme Shelter", which then gave the crowd goosebumps as Blige belted her high notes for the song. The equally exciting encore included "You Can't Always Get What You Want", "Jumping Jack Flash" and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction".
Jagger, who often paused in the middle of the concert, went on to share some of his thoughts about their band's musical career. "People say, why do you keep doing this? Why do you keep touring, coming back? The answer is, you're the reason we're doing this. Thank you for buying our records and coming to our shows for the last 50 years," said the 69-year-old rocker before leaping into his performance of "Brown Sugar".
The Stones had a triumphant anniversary tour in London last month where they impressed loyal fans at the O2 Arena. The Barclay's show was first of four New York-area gigs this month for the legendary quartet. They will have two other performances next week at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, and were recently added to the 12-12-12 hurricane benefit which will take place at the Madison Square Garden on Wednesday.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her