Dallas Cowboys' Josh Brent Released From Jail After Killing His Teammate in Car Crash
Josh Brent has been released from prison on $500,000 bond after taken into custody on suspicion of intoxication manslaughter following a fatal car accident that killed his Dallas Cowboys teammate Jerry Brown. The car crash happened in Irving, Texas, early Saturday morning, December 8.
Brent, 24, sat behind the wheel when the car hit an "outside curb, causing the vehicle to flip at least one time before coming to rest in the middle of the service road." Brown, 25, who was in the passenger seat was pronounced dead after taken to a nearby hospital, while Brent only suffered "minor scrapes."
Brent, who pleaded guilty to 2009 DWI, failed a sobriety test and was subsequently arrested.
Brent was best friend with Brown after they became roommates and teammates at Illinois and Dallas. "I am devastated and filled with grief," the defensive tackle said in statement issued by his agent Saturday night. "Filled with grief for the loss of my close friend and teammate, Jerry Brown."
"I am also grief-stricken for his family, friends and all who were blessed enough to have known him. I will live with this horrific and tragic loss every day for the rest of my life. My prayers are with his family, our teammates and his friends at this time."
Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones was also "deeply saddened by the news of this accident and the passing of Jerry Brown." He added, "At this time, our hearts and prayers and deepest sympathies are with the members of Jerry's family and all of those who knew him and loved him."
Fellow teammate Marcus Spears additionally said, "We all are hurting and in pain and feeling devastated. At this point, you've got to be brothers, through the tough times and get to him [Brent] and try to encourage him and comfort him, because there are going to be some tough days ahead."
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them