Adam Lambert Duets With Cyndi Lauper for 'Mad World'
One of Adam Lambert's best-known performances on "American Idol" was his rendition of Tears for Fears' "Mad World". Years later, he got on stage again and performed the classic hit, this time with one of his idols, 80's icon Cyndi Lauper, singing on the chorus. The glam artists performed the duet Saturday night, December 8 at Lauper's benefit concert for homeless LGBT youth held at the Beacon Theater in New York City.
Lambert, who looked very distinguished with his new mustache and up do, first appeared on stage to introduce the performance. The 30-year-old suddenly turned all boyish and giggly when he mentioned his surprise duet to the screaming theatre crowd. "Look who I get to do a duet with! OMG! I can't believe she asked me to do this! This is amazing!" expressed Lambert.
Lauper then walked on stage as the band kicked off their music intro for the song. Lambert, who is the first openly gay male artist to score the first spot on Billboard 200, started off with a very emotive solo. At the middle of the classic hit, 59-year-old Lauper crooned along with Lambert for the famous chorus lines. The crowd cheered and screamed as the two performed their powerful duet.
Other artists who attended the benefit show were Sarah McLachlan, Jason Mraz, and David Immergluck of The Counting Crows. Celebrities such as Whoopi Goldberg and Rosie O'Donnell were also present to support the concert for homeless LGBT youth.
More Adam Lambert News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018