Tom Cruise's 'Oblivion' Debuts Futuristic First Trailer
Tom Cruise's "Oblivion" finally debuts its first trailer, which boasts highly-concepted scenes of a desolate world in the future. The video looks visually stunning with Cruise's character embarking on a battle against an alien race, which appearance is pretty much unclear. There are also scenes of him getting captured by a certain organization, and encountering a mysterious woman in a spaceship.
"Oblivion" is an original and groundbreaking cinematic event that takes place on a spectacular future Earth. At the time, the planet has evolved beyond recognition, and one man's confrontation with the past will lead him on a journey of redemption and discovery as he battles to save mankind.
In the movie, Cruise stars as Jack Harper, who is one of the last few drone repairmen stationed on Earth. Part of a massive operation to extract vital resources after decades of war with a terrifying threat known as the Scavs, Jack's mission is nearly complete.
Living in and patrolling the breathtaking skies from thousands of feet above, his soaring existence is brought crashing down when he rescues a beautiful stranger from a downed spacecraft. Her arrival triggers a chain of events that forces him to question everything he knows and puts the fate of humanity in his hands.
Directed and co-written by Joseph Kosinski, the big-budgeted sci-fi movie is slated for an April 12, 2013 release Stateside. Olga Kurylenko, Andrea Riseborough, Morgan Freeman and Melissa Leo are joining Cruise in the cast ensemble.
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game