Mel Gibson's Ex Oksana Grigorieva Recording Hip-Hop Album
Russian singer Oksana Grigorieva, who is also known for her bitter separation from Mel Gibson, is venturing out to the Hip-Hop realm. A representative of her has confirmed that she is planning to release new music with tracks moving on the direction of Hip-Hop and dance.
The rep, Steve Jaffe, told TMZ that Grigorieva has in fact recorded her first song, titled "Dark Secret", and is currently in the middle of shooting a music video. Jaffe added that the 42-year-old, who has classical background, is "extremely happy" with the new direction of her music. Her music will be released via iTunes in February 2013.
Grigorieva has written a song for Josh Groban, "Un dia llegara", which appeared on his "Awake" album. She also wrote the entire songs in her own album "Beautiful Heartache" which was released in 2009 and executively produced by Gibson. It was described as "grown-up, piano-led pop, heavy on classical motifs". One of the tracks, called "Say My Name", was featured in Gibson's 2010 movie "Edge of Darkness".
Grigorieva's relationship with Gibson then took another turn just three months after the birth of their daughter. She accused him of domestic violence and recorded his expletive rant in January 2010. The former lovers have since agreed on a settlement that acquires Gibson to pay her $750,000 in three separate installments.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7