LAPD Blames Notorious B.I.G.'s Autopsy Release on 'Administrative Error'
The Los Angeles Police Department blames the release of Notorious B.I.G.'s autopsy report on Friday, December 7 on "an administrative error". The detectives have apologized to the late rapper's family for not giving them early notice about the release of the never-before-seen report.
Following the release, B.I.G.'s family question whether police found new leads with the unsealing of the 15-year-old report. "What legitimate lead could be stimulated by releasing an autopsy that says 'Mr. Wallace was shot,' when everyone knows that? Why don't they release some of the clues they have?" the family said through their lawyer Perry Sanders Jr. They also criticized the authorities, namely LAPD and FBI, for not solving the murder case after so many years.
According to The AP, Los Angeles County's Chief Coroner Investigator Craig Harvey said a security hold placed on the report's release was lifted last week. "Our detectives personally spoke with the Wallace family (Friday) night, and apologized for not notifying them prior to the release," Capt. Billy Hayes, head of LAPD's Robbery-Homicide Division, said in a statement Saturday, December 8. "Obviously this has been a challenging case for us to solve. We hope that witnesses or other people with information will come forward and give us the clues we need to solve this case."
The autopsy report revealed that four shots injured the rapper who was sitting on the front passenger seat of his car on March 9, 1997. One shot that entered through his right hip was fatal, causing major damage in his vital organs. The report also described B.I.G. as "morbidly obese" and noted that there was no presence of alcohol or drugs in his system at the time of the death.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie