Rick Ross Cancels Remainder Dates in Maybach Tour
After canceling his anticipated gigs in North Carolina, Rick Ross scraps off the remaining dates in his tour altogether. The rapper actually has a few more scheduled dates until December 16 but "apparent lack of organization and communication on the part of the tour promoter" has prompted him to withdraw from them.
Starting November 2, Ross had embarked on a 23-day tour in the United States with his Maybach Music Group proteges Meek Mill and Wale. It was later extended with the addition of the two North Carolina dates, December 9 in Nashville, the 12th in Memphis, 13th in Houston, 15th in Detroit and the 16th in New York.
Ross personally apologized to his fans for the cancellation, saying via AllHipHop.com, "I want to apologize to all of my fans who I missed performing for due to the cancellations and want to let them know that I will get back to their cities. I enjoyed my experience with my little bros Wale and Meek Mill and I'm ready to get back in the studio to make good music."
The cancellation came on the heels of the report that Ross feared the safety in his concerts in Charlotte and Greensboro due to death threats coming from the Gangster Disciples street gang. Ross made a mention of the gang's leader, Larry Hoover, who is currently serving time in prison, in his song "B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast)". The gang released a YouTube video to warn Ross of staying out of Charlotte.
More Rick Ross News
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts