LeAnn Rimes Still Cries Talking Over Split From Ex-Husband
LeAnn Rimes could not contain her sadness when talking about her divorce from chef Dean Sheremet and how she contributed to it for the most part. In an interview with E!'s Giuliana Rancic to air on Sunday, December 9 at 8/7c, the singer broke down as she recalled how she started her relationship with now-husband Eddie Cibrian with an extra-marital affair.
Rimes met Cibrian when they co-starred in 2009 movie "Northern Lights". Both were married at that time with Cibrian having two young sons. "Why act on it when you're both married and you both have families?" Rancic asked Rimes.
Rimes took a small pause and said, "That is a huge question. I never, ever in my heart want to hurt anyone. But ...I don't think anything can separate anything that's super-connected. You might have had so many wonderful things with each other's spouses in your relationship, but something along the way broke that. You can't break what's broken already."
She began to shed tears and held a finger to give her a moment to recover. "No one will ever understand how much thought and hurt, even towards each, other were put into our decision," she said in between tears.
Rimes has been struggling with finding inner peace since the split but said she's doing well. "I've been really proud of myself to be able to come to terms with all these emotions that I have whether it be anger or hurt or, you know, even the happiness," she said.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital