Notorious B.I.G.'s Family Question the Release of Autopsy Report
The Friday, December 7 release of Notorious B.I.G.'s never-before-seen autopsy report brings more questions to the rapper's family. They are looking for the reasons why Los Angeles Police Department would unseal the report 15 years after B.I.G.'s death.
Perry Sanders Jr., a civil rights attorney of B.I.G.'s mother and relatives, said, "What legitimate lead could be stimulated by releasing an autopsy that says 'Mr. Wallace was shot,' when everyone knows that? Why don't they release some of the clues they have?" They demand more information about LAPD's homicide investigation.
The family have been long disappointed at the authorities for not being able to solve the murder case. B.I.G., real name Christopher Wallace, was shot to death in March 1997 while sitting in the front seat of his car. The newly-released report stated that four gun wounds were found in his body, one being very fatal. It also specified that B.I.G. was not under influence of drugs or alcohol at that time.
Sanders revealed that the family was not notified ahead of the report's release. "They had no idea this happened. It contains personal details," the attorney said, noting that no one has been arrested for the murder. "This is one of the highest profile murders in the world," Sanders added. "This is about criminal justice."
Commenting on the release of the autopsy, Lt. Andrew Neiman said as quoted by Los Angeles Times, "Investigators decided to release the autopsy to stimulate new interest in the case and hopefully produce new leads."
More Notorious B.I.G. News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'