Notorious B.I.G.'s Family Question the Release of Autopsy Report
The Friday, December 7 release of Notorious B.I.G.'s never-before-seen autopsy report brings more questions to the rapper's family. They are looking for the reasons why Los Angeles Police Department would unseal the report 15 years after B.I.G.'s death.
Perry Sanders Jr., a civil rights attorney of B.I.G.'s mother and relatives, said, "What legitimate lead could be stimulated by releasing an autopsy that says 'Mr. Wallace was shot,' when everyone knows that? Why don't they release some of the clues they have?" They demand more information about LAPD's homicide investigation.
The family have been long disappointed at the authorities for not being able to solve the murder case. B.I.G., real name Christopher Wallace, was shot to death in March 1997 while sitting in the front seat of his car. The newly-released report stated that four gun wounds were found in his body, one being very fatal. It also specified that B.I.G. was not under influence of drugs or alcohol at that time.
Sanders revealed that the family was not notified ahead of the report's release. "They had no idea this happened. It contains personal details," the attorney said, noting that no one has been arrested for the murder. "This is one of the highest profile murders in the world," Sanders added. "This is about criminal justice."
Commenting on the release of the autopsy, Lt. Andrew Neiman said as quoted by Los Angeles Times, "Investigators decided to release the autopsy to stimulate new interest in the case and hopefully produce new leads."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'