Wendy Williams Says Beyonce Talks Like a Fifth Grade
Wendy Williams just landed herself in hot water with Beyonce Knowles' fans. The talk show host had some harsh words for Beyonce while discussing the singer's newly-released trailer for the HBO documentary on her Thursday, December 6 show.
Wendy began with a statement that she is a fan of Beyonce. And then she said, "I'm gonna watch her upcoming documentary, because fortunately one of the TVs in our kitchen has closed captioning, so I'll be able to understand what she says. You know Beyonce can't talk. She sounds like she has a fifth grade education. She can't talk. Honestly."
Her studio audience immediately booed at Wendy, prompting her to defend herself. "Excuse me, I just said I was a fan. But we have to call a spade a spade," she said in her attempt to backtrack her comment.
Beyonce's documentary, which she will direct herself, is slated to air February 16, 2013. It contains concert footage and some personal interviews with the diva. "Everybody knows Beyonce's music, but few know Beyonce the person," said Michael Lombardo, HBO president of programming, in a statement about the film. "Along with electrifying footage of Beyonce onstage, this unique special looks beyond the glamour to reveal a vibrant, vulnerable, unforgettable woman."
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?