Wendy Williams Says Beyonce Talks Like a Fifth Grade
Wendy Williams just landed herself in hot water with Beyonce Knowles' fans. The talk show host had some harsh words for Beyonce while discussing the singer's newly-released trailer for the HBO documentary on her Thursday, December 6 show.
Wendy began with a statement that she is a fan of Beyonce. And then she said, "I'm gonna watch her upcoming documentary, because fortunately one of the TVs in our kitchen has closed captioning, so I'll be able to understand what she says. You know Beyonce can't talk. She sounds like she has a fifth grade education. She can't talk. Honestly."
Her studio audience immediately booed at Wendy, prompting her to defend herself. "Excuse me, I just said I was a fan. But we have to call a spade a spade," she said in her attempt to backtrack her comment.
Beyonce's documentary, which she will direct herself, is slated to air February 16, 2013. It contains concert footage and some personal interviews with the diva. "Everybody knows Beyonce's music, but few know Beyonce the person," said Michael Lombardo, HBO president of programming, in a statement about the film. "Along with electrifying footage of Beyonce onstage, this unique special looks beyond the glamour to reveal a vibrant, vulnerable, unforgettable woman."
More Wendy Williams News
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage