Wendy Williams Says Beyonce Talks Like a Fifth Grade
Wendy Williams just landed herself in hot water with Beyonce Knowles' fans. The talk show host had some harsh words for Beyonce while discussing the singer's newly-released trailer for the HBO documentary on her Thursday, December 6 show.
Wendy began with a statement that she is a fan of Beyonce. And then she said, "I'm gonna watch her upcoming documentary, because fortunately one of the TVs in our kitchen has closed captioning, so I'll be able to understand what she says. You know Beyonce can't talk. She sounds like she has a fifth grade education. She can't talk. Honestly."
Her studio audience immediately booed at Wendy, prompting her to defend herself. "Excuse me, I just said I was a fan. But we have to call a spade a spade," she said in her attempt to backtrack her comment.
Beyonce's documentary, which she will direct herself, is slated to air February 16, 2013. It contains concert footage and some personal interviews with the diva. "Everybody knows Beyonce's music, but few know Beyonce the person," said Michael Lombardo, HBO president of programming, in a statement about the film. "Along with electrifying footage of Beyonce onstage, this unique special looks beyond the glamour to reveal a vibrant, vulnerable, unforgettable woman."
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'