Wendy Williams Says Beyonce Talks Like a Fifth Grade
Wendy Williams just landed herself in hot water with Beyonce Knowles' fans. The talk show host had some harsh words for Beyonce while discussing the singer's newly-released trailer for the HBO documentary on her Thursday, December 6 show.
Wendy began with a statement that she is a fan of Beyonce. And then she said, "I'm gonna watch her upcoming documentary, because fortunately one of the TVs in our kitchen has closed captioning, so I'll be able to understand what she says. You know Beyonce can't talk. She sounds like she has a fifth grade education. She can't talk. Honestly."
Her studio audience immediately booed at Wendy, prompting her to defend herself. "Excuse me, I just said I was a fan. But we have to call a spade a spade," she said in her attempt to backtrack her comment.
Beyonce's documentary, which she will direct herself, is slated to air February 16, 2013. It contains concert footage and some personal interviews with the diva. "Everybody knows Beyonce's music, but few know Beyonce the person," said Michael Lombardo, HBO president of programming, in a statement about the film. "Along with electrifying footage of Beyonce onstage, this unique special looks beyond the glamour to reveal a vibrant, vulnerable, unforgettable woman."
More Wendy Williams News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'