Toni Braxton Taken to Hospital for Complications Related to Lupus
Toni Braxton has been hospitalized for a health issue related to Lupus, a potentially life threatening autoimmune disease. It was the singer herself who revealed the hospitalization on her Twitter, and it was confirmed by her representative.
"Hey guys, I'm in the hospital for health issues related to Lupus & Blood clots," the "Un-Break My Heart" hitmaker tweeted on Friday, December 7. She assured her fans that she's getting better, "I will be home soon...Thanks for all the love&support! Xoxo."
Toni revealed in November 2010 that she was diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus, the same disease that her brother suffers from and that killed her uncle. She's also suffering from a narrowing of the blood vessels in her heart.
In a recent interview on "20/20", the 45-year-old singer said doctors informed her that the Lupus diagnosis could put her career as a performer to an end and helped lead her to bankruptcy. She first filed for bankruptcy in 2008 and then again in 2010.
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Britney Spears Freaks Out After Sex Tape Leaks Online