Toni Braxton Taken to Hospital for Complications Related to Lupus
Toni Braxton has been hospitalized for a health issue related to Lupus, a potentially life threatening autoimmune disease. It was the singer herself who revealed the hospitalization on her Twitter, and it was confirmed by her representative.
"Hey guys, I'm in the hospital for health issues related to Lupus & Blood clots," the "Un-Break My Heart" hitmaker tweeted on Friday, December 7. She assured her fans that she's getting better, "I will be home soon...Thanks for all the love&support! Xoxo."
Toni revealed in November 2010 that she was diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus, the same disease that her brother suffers from and that killed her uncle. She's also suffering from a narrowing of the blood vessels in her heart.
In a recent interview on "20/20", the 45-year-old singer said doctors informed her that the Lupus diagnosis could put her career as a performer to an end and helped lead her to bankruptcy. She first filed for bankruptcy in 2008 and then again in 2010.
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors