Toni Braxton Taken to Hospital for Complications Related to Lupus
Toni Braxton has been hospitalized for a health issue related to Lupus, a potentially life threatening autoimmune disease. It was the singer herself who revealed the hospitalization on her Twitter, and it was confirmed by her representative.
"Hey guys, I'm in the hospital for health issues related to Lupus & Blood clots," the "Un-Break My Heart" hitmaker tweeted on Friday, December 7. She assured her fans that she's getting better, "I will be home soon...Thanks for all the love&support! Xoxo."
Toni revealed in November 2010 that she was diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus, the same disease that her brother suffers from and that killed her uncle. She's also suffering from a narrowing of the blood vessels in her heart.
In a recent interview on "20/20", the 45-year-old singer said doctors informed her that the Lupus diagnosis could put her career as a performer to an end and helped lead her to bankruptcy. She first filed for bankruptcy in 2008 and then again in 2010.
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video