Toni Braxton Taken to Hospital for Complications Related to Lupus
Toni Braxton has been hospitalized for a health issue related to Lupus, a potentially life threatening autoimmune disease. It was the singer herself who revealed the hospitalization on her Twitter, and it was confirmed by her representative.
"Hey guys, I'm in the hospital for health issues related to Lupus & Blood clots," the "Un-Break My Heart" hitmaker tweeted on Friday, December 7. She assured her fans that she's getting better, "I will be home soon...Thanks for all the love&support! Xoxo."
Toni revealed in November 2010 that she was diagnosed with systemic lupus erythematosus, the same disease that her brother suffers from and that killed her uncle. She's also suffering from a narrowing of the blood vessels in her heart.
In a recent interview on "20/20", the 45-year-old singer said doctors informed her that the Lupus diagnosis could put her career as a performer to an end and helped lead her to bankruptcy. She first filed for bankruptcy in 2008 and then again in 2010.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance