Cheryl Cole Slaps 'X Factor (US)' Producer With $2.3 Million Lawsuit
Cheryl Cole is demanding her paycheck although "The X Factor (US)" had fired her even before the show aired. According to the lawsuit filed on Friday, December 7, Blue Orbit Productions which produces the reality series owes her $2 million in salary.
In the suit, the British singer claims she's promised such amount of money for the show's second season. Under a "pay or play" clause in her contract, she's entitled to the salary even though she never appeared in the second installment of the series.
"On June 5, 2011, Blue Orbit formally elected to exercise its pay or play right pursuant to the terms of the Agreement," the complaint reads, "such that Cole was not required to perform any services as a judge on 'The X Factor' series."
The complaint also reveals that the Girls Aloud member received $1.8 million salary for the first season. However, she never received the $2 million paycheck for the second season. She also demands the producer to pay her $300,000 for wardrobe, stylist and living expenses.
Cole was dumped as a judge from the U.S. version of "The X Factor" after she had taped the show during the auditions. She was then replaced by Nicole Scherzinger, who was later fired after only one season.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding