Cheryl Cole Slaps 'X Factor (US)' Producer With $2.3 Million Lawsuit
Cheryl Cole is demanding her paycheck although "The X Factor (US)" had fired her even before the show aired. According to the lawsuit filed on Friday, December 7, Blue Orbit Productions which produces the reality series owes her $2 million in salary.
In the suit, the British singer claims she's promised such amount of money for the show's second season. Under a "pay or play" clause in her contract, she's entitled to the salary even though she never appeared in the second installment of the series.
"On June 5, 2011, Blue Orbit formally elected to exercise its pay or play right pursuant to the terms of the Agreement," the complaint reads, "such that Cole was not required to perform any services as a judge on 'The X Factor' series."
The complaint also reveals that the Girls Aloud member received $1.8 million salary for the first season. However, she never received the $2 million paycheck for the second season. She also demands the producer to pay her $300,000 for wardrobe, stylist and living expenses.
Cole was dumped as a judge from the U.S. version of "The X Factor" after she had taped the show during the auditions. She was then replaced by Nicole Scherzinger, who was later fired after only one season.
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?