Cheryl Cole Slaps 'X Factor (US)' Producer With $2.3 Million Lawsuit
Cheryl Cole is demanding her paycheck although "The X Factor (US)" had fired her even before the show aired. According to the lawsuit filed on Friday, December 7, Blue Orbit Productions which produces the reality series owes her $2 million in salary.
In the suit, the British singer claims she's promised such amount of money for the show's second season. Under a "pay or play" clause in her contract, she's entitled to the salary even though she never appeared in the second installment of the series.
"On June 5, 2011, Blue Orbit formally elected to exercise its pay or play right pursuant to the terms of the Agreement," the complaint reads, "such that Cole was not required to perform any services as a judge on 'The X Factor' series."
The complaint also reveals that the Girls Aloud member received $1.8 million salary for the first season. However, she never received the $2 million paycheck for the second season. She also demands the producer to pay her $300,000 for wardrobe, stylist and living expenses.
Cole was dumped as a judge from the U.S. version of "The X Factor" after she had taped the show during the auditions. She was then replaced by Nicole Scherzinger, who was later fired after only one season.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special