Arrest Warrant Issued for Katt Williams Due to Reckless Driving in Sacramento
Katt Williams is a wanted person. According to the Sacramento District Attorney, an arrest warrant has been issued for the comedian for felony evading police and driving in a reckless manner. It stemmed from a November 25 incident, during which the comic was involved in a bizarre pursuit with police in Sacramento.
According to The California Highway Patrol, that day, the "Friday After Next" actor was chased by police while riding his Can Am, a three-wheeled motorcycle. The police took such action since the star of "The Perfect Holiday" threatened public's safety. He also nearly hit five people during the incident.
Police tried to pull him over with no success. The former "My Wife and Kids" star even yelled at them, "I am not going to stop." The pursuit was discontinued after two minutes as the police worried about people's safety.
A week after the wild vehicular chase, the "First Sunday" actor was apprehended for alleged assault, harassment, and obstructing police officers. The funnyman "brandished a pool cue at a bar manager," hit a woman's face with cigarettes, and refused to show his ID to police officer. He was bailed out on Monday, December 3.
The "Lonely Street" star was supposed to attend an arraignment in Seattle Municipal Court, on Thursday morning, December 6, concerning the bar incident. However, he failed to show up.
According to his attorney, Thomas McAllister, the actor read a Seattle Times story earlier this week, in which a City Attorney's office spokeswoman mistakenly said that he didn't have to attend the court if an attorney showed up on his behalf. Concluding that the father of eight received "misleading" information, Municipal Court Judge Willie Gregory postponed the arraignment until Wednesday, December 12.
Aside from the bar incident, the "Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore" star was also sued by his own fans since he failed to deliver a satisfying performance in Oakland, on November 16.
Another fan, Carlos Castro, also said that he's going to sue the star after he was hit with a microphone by the 39-year-old comedian on Friday, November 30, when the comic performed at Seattle's Paramount Theater. Additionally, he threw a chair at two fans who wanted to see him after the show.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri