Martin Sheen Confirms Uncle Ben Will Return in 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Apparently Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are not the only "The Amazing Spider-Man" stars who will return to the sequel. It is reported that Martin Sheen is also set to reprise his role as uncle Ben in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".
In an interview on RTE Television's "The Late Late Show", Sheen confirmed that he would come back to the second Spidey film despite the fact that his character met his demise in the first movie. "They've called me back, I don't know what the part is gonna be, but I'm going to be 'Uncle Ben' once again in Spider-Man next year," he said. "We shoot in February."
Sheen's return as Ben stirs more speculations on the plot of the sequel. In the first film, Ben was shot to death by a thug and the event led Peter Parker to become the famous masked vigilante. Ben will probably appear in a flashback or a dream scene in the upcoming movie.
To open Stateside on May 2, 2014, "The Amazing Spider-Man" will be directed once again by Marc Webb. The film has recently cast Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn, joining other new cast members Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson, and Jamie Foxx as villainous Electro.
The first film successfully scored more than $751 million worldwide. It was recently included in top ten Oscar contenders for Best Visual Effect, facing off against rival superhero movies "The Avengers" and "The Dark Knight Rises".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences