Rolling Stones Booked for 12-12-12 Sandy Relief Concert
Another music legend is added to the line-up of 12-12-12 Sandy benefit concert. The Rolling Stones announce on their Twitter page that they will perform at the December 12 gig which will take place at Madison Square Garden.
The British rock band join other renowned musicians who sign up for the gig aiming at helping the victims of Hurricane Sandy in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. The other confirmed performers include Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Kanye West, Alicia Keys, Coldplay's frontman Chris Martin, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, The Who and Dave Grohl.
"We wanted to put together the greatest rock show ever on one stage, and we realized we were missing one group," says co-producer John Sykes, president of Clear Channel Entertainment Enterprises.
Additionally, such stars as Leonardo DiCaprio, Susan Sarandon, Jake Gyllenhaal, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Sean "P. Diddy" Combs, Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers, Quentin Tarantino, Brian Williams, Jon Stewart, Steve Buscemi and Billy Crystal will participate in the telethon.
While the upcoming show is intended to help Sandy victims, scalpers are reselling tickets for the concert and taking the benefits for themselves. Commenting on this issue, Executive Director of the Robin Hood Foundation David Saltzman said, "It's despicable. Every single penny of ticket sales should go to help the victims of Sandy."
"Our neighbors are cold, our neighbors are hungry and our neighbors are lost," he added. "They need all of us to come together as one giant caring community to help."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign