Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland Gave Birth to Baby Boy
Jennifer Nettles is a new mom. One half of country duo Sugarland has given birth to her and husband Justin Miller's first child, a son named Magnus Hamilton Miller on Thursday, December 6. "We are so thankful for all the prayers and support and are excited to take some time together as a new family," the couple said in a statement.
Nettles married Miller on November 26, 2011 in an intimate sunset ceremony in Tennessee. They announced the pregnancy in June this year but she continued to tour with Sugarland and even performed at Country Christmas Concert back on November 3 when she was already well in her third trimester.
"What happens if Jennifer Nettles goes into labor tonight? We have some ideas," the concert's host Carrie Underwood joked on stage. Even 91-year-old country legend Little Jimmy Dickens yelled, "Push, Jennifer." The 2012 Country Christmas concert will air on Thursday, December 20 from 9:00-11:00 P.M. ET on the ABC Television Network.
Nettles' bandmate Kristian Bush said last month that he had thought of a give for the expectant mother. "Mine's already wrapped," he told The Boot. "My baby gift is the same to every person who has a baby. It's called the Miracle Blanket. It's like, 'Here, you're going to need this. You don't know it yet, but you're going to love this.' I told Jennifer, because she started giving that same gift to some of her friends, 'Do not buy one for yourself, because it's coming from me!' [laughs]"
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money