Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland Gave Birth to Baby Boy
Jennifer Nettles is a new mom. One half of country duo Sugarland has given birth to her and husband Justin Miller's first child, a son named Magnus Hamilton Miller on Thursday, December 6. "We are so thankful for all the prayers and support and are excited to take some time together as a new family," the couple said in a statement.
Nettles married Miller on November 26, 2011 in an intimate sunset ceremony in Tennessee. They announced the pregnancy in June this year but she continued to tour with Sugarland and even performed at Country Christmas Concert back on November 3 when she was already well in her third trimester.
"What happens if Jennifer Nettles goes into labor tonight? We have some ideas," the concert's host Carrie Underwood joked on stage. Even 91-year-old country legend Little Jimmy Dickens yelled, "Push, Jennifer." The 2012 Country Christmas concert will air on Thursday, December 20 from 9:00-11:00 P.M. ET on the ABC Television Network.
Nettles' bandmate Kristian Bush said last month that he had thought of a give for the expectant mother. "Mine's already wrapped," he told The Boot. "My baby gift is the same to every person who has a baby. It's called the Miracle Blanket. It's like, 'Here, you're going to need this. You don't know it yet, but you're going to love this.' I told Jennifer, because she started giving that same gift to some of her friends, 'Do not buy one for yourself, because it's coming from me!' [laughs]"
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage