Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland Gave Birth to Baby Boy
Jennifer Nettles is a new mom. One half of country duo Sugarland has given birth to her and husband Justin Miller's first child, a son named Magnus Hamilton Miller on Thursday, December 6. "We are so thankful for all the prayers and support and are excited to take some time together as a new family," the couple said in a statement.
Nettles married Miller on November 26, 2011 in an intimate sunset ceremony in Tennessee. They announced the pregnancy in June this year but she continued to tour with Sugarland and even performed at Country Christmas Concert back on November 3 when she was already well in her third trimester.
"What happens if Jennifer Nettles goes into labor tonight? We have some ideas," the concert's host Carrie Underwood joked on stage. Even 91-year-old country legend Little Jimmy Dickens yelled, "Push, Jennifer." The 2012 Country Christmas concert will air on Thursday, December 20 from 9:00-11:00 P.M. ET on the ABC Television Network.
Nettles' bandmate Kristian Bush said last month that he had thought of a give for the expectant mother. "Mine's already wrapped," he told The Boot. "My baby gift is the same to every person who has a baby. It's called the Miracle Blanket. It's like, 'Here, you're going to need this. You don't know it yet, but you're going to love this.' I told Jennifer, because she started giving that same gift to some of her friends, 'Do not buy one for yourself, because it's coming from me!' [laughs]"
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert