Lindsay Lohan Sells Used Clothes to Pay Tax Debt
Lindsay Lohan is deep in financial trouble that she resorted to the content of her wardrobe for aid. The troubled star reportedly has been selling her used clothes, shoes and accessories at Wasteland, a used clothing store that specializes in designer and vintage duds.
According to Radar Online, Lindsay asked her sister Ali Lohan to go to the store on Wednesday, December 5 with some bags full of items. However, Ali failed to get a decent deal out of the items because the store manager refused to pay more than $30 for them. "Thirty dollars for these? They cost $700! This is ridiculous!" Ali was heard as saying.
Among the items found in the bags were a pair of round-toe Chanel pumps and a Balenciaga purse. Ali insisted that her sister had worn the items to red carpet events. "These HAVE to be worth more, Lindsay was photographed wearing them, that HAS to add value," Ali allegedly said. However, the manager won't budge and Ali left with the first offer.
Lindsay owes the IRS a total of $233,904 in back taxes for the year of 2009 and 2010. Her tax issues reportedly are so bad the IRS seized all of her bank accounts in an attempt to secure payment. Lindsay's "Scary Movie 5" co-star Charlie Sheen had helped her solve the problem by generously sending her a check of $100,000 last month.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent