Mario Lopez's 2-Year-Old Daughter Had Mid-Aisle Meltdown at Wedding
When Mario Lopez married his baby mamma Courtney Mazza, their toddler daughter Gia served as a flower girl but the 2-year-old kid almost didn't make it to the altar. The little girl stopped when walking three-quarters of the way down the aisle.
Gia was upset when the purse she carried fell open and the flowers in it were spilled all over the ground. "She just stood there looking so upset," a guest told Us Weekly. "Finally, the other kids came and helped her down the aisle and she ran to her grandmothers."
The mother, Mazza, said she "didn't see her drop the purse." She did have a feeling something like that might happen, but was confident that her little girl would walk the whole way. "She walked that whole way earlier ... we practiced it," the bride recalls. "I knew she would."
The mother-daughter duo wore matching white Ines DiSanto gowns at the nuptials, but Gia was reluctant to try hers on during the fitting. "Every time she had to try that dress on at the salon, she screamed because she just didn't want to get dressed," she remembered. "I kept telling the ladies there, 'Don't worry, the day of the wedding, she'll know what to do!' "
On the wedding day, the little girl was still reluctant to dress up until she saw her mother looked beautiful in her off-shoulder gown. "She came up to me and said, 'Dress! Dress!' She put on the dress, she put on the shoes, she didn't cry ... I just had to let her do it on her own time!" she said.
After the ceremony, "when we left the altar and walked back down the aisle, we got to walk with her. It may not be the traditional way . . . but we loved every second of it," Courtney gushed. Mario agreed, "I loved walking back down the aisle with Gia and Mazza. That was the best."
The wedding will be aired by TLC in "Mario & Courtney's Wedding Fiesta" December 8 at 8 P.M. EST.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'