'Zero Dark Thirty' to Be Premiered in Washington D.C. for Politicians
Kathryn Bigelow's "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" will hold a very special screening in early 2013. The movie will be premiered in Washington D.C. on January 8 in anticipation of the nationwide release of the Osama bin Laden hunt movie on January 11 next year.
Per The Hollywood Reporter, the special screening will be thrown at the Newseum. Bigelow and her screenwriting partner Mark Boal will attend the event to discuss the movie after the showing. Words are, the promo event will be attended by a number of politicians, members of the executive branch, opinion makers and Washington journalists.
It is unknown which politicians who are invited to the event, but THR learns that if the federal ethics rules require Congress members to pay the fair market value to see the film, they are able to write a check to Sony Pictures for $12.
Sony initially wanted to host the Washington premiere on December 4, just before the film hits limited theaters in Los Angeles in New York on December 19. However, the studio finally decided to make it a premiere to anticipate the nationwide expansion of the movie instead.
"Zero Dark Thirty" follows the footsteps of a number of political films which threw a Washington premiere in the past. In 2001, Ridley Scott's "Black Hawk Down" was screened in the capital, followed by Phil Alden Robinson's "Sum of All Fears" a year later. Last month, Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" also held a President Obama-hosted premiere in the nation's capital.
Bigelow's political thriller has garnered rave reviews so far. The film event claimed two Best Film titles from New York Film Critics Circle and National Board of Review of Motion Pictures in less than a week. The film was initially slammed by some conservatives for allegedly glamorizing the Obama administration.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern