Roger Ebert Hospitalized for Hip Fracture, Wife Blames 'Tricky Disco Dance Moves'
Roger Ebert has been hospitalized with a hip fracture. His wife, Chaz Ebert, confirmed it to The Associated Press on Thursday, December 6, revealing that her husband felt much better and "doctors are making assessments" about when he could check out of the hospital.
Chaz also managed to make a joke about the film critic's condition. She tweeted, "Roger in hospital with hip fracture (tricky disco dance moves) but he is doing well, asking for computer, will probably tweet."
The Most Powerful Pundit in America according to Forbes later took to his own Twitter page to address his illness. He wrote, "Yes, fracture. But no surgery needed. Details follow. :)."
He has since got outpouring support from fellow tweeps. Matt Singer tweeted at him, "Glad it's not surgery serious. Get better soon!" Chicago-based author Andrew Patner, meanwhile, tweeted at the film critic, "Speedy and full repair and recovery, Dear Roger!"
Though the 70-year-old journalist has been lying down on his bed, he still did his job to write a review on "Playing for Keeps", which features famous stars such as Jessica Biel and Gerard Butler. He gave two stars for the romantic comedy movie.
In the past few years, Roger has struggled hard to maintain his health after diagnosed with some serious cancers. In 2012, he was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer. The cancer has been successfully removed.
In 2003, he had to battle salivary gland cancer. The severe disease and numerous treatments to remove the cancer have robbed his ability to speak and eat.
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'