Nicki Minaj's Manager Furious at Grammy Snub, Calls It Bulls***
Scooter Braun is not the only manager who's upset that his artist didn't land any nomination for 2013 Grammy Awards. Cortez Bryant, who manages Young Money's stars Lil Wayne, Drake and Nicki Minaj, also slams the Recording Academy for skipping the Harajuku Barbie.
"Congrats to @LilTunechi and @Drake and @Hit_Boy on their Grammy Noms butttt... ..," the manager begins his Twitter post with a congratulatory message to Weezy, Drizzy and Hit Boy, before adding, "They was on some bulls*** for not nominating @NICKIMINAJ."
Drizzy shares his multiple nods with Weezy for their collaborations "HYFR" and "The Motto", in addition to scoring a nom by himself in Best Rap Album. The Harajuku Barbie, who got three nods last year but won none, is snubbed this year despite releasing "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded".
The same angry reaction came from Justin Bieber's manager Braun. "The kid deserved it. Grammy board u blew it on this one," he tweeted. "The hardest thing to do is transition, keep the train moving. the kid delivered. Huge succesful album, sold out tour, and won people over."
Braun's other artist Carly Rae Jepsen is nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance and Song of the Year. "Congrats to @carlyraejepsen . thought u deserved a best new artist nom, but proud Call Me Maybe got u 2 noms. so proud of u," the manager gushed.
Another Grammy snub is chart-topping boyband One Direction. The likes of Lady GaGa and PSY also failed to get any nod. While the Mother Monster didn't release any new music and focused on tour instead, the Korean rapper has released the biggest viral hit of the year, "Gangnam Style".
More Nicki Minaj News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage