'The X Factor' Picks Top 4, Demi Lovato Has No Protege Left
CeCe Frey could no longer dodge elimination on "The X Factor (US)". After surviving the chopping block several times despite her so-so performances, she was eventually sent packing on Thursday night, December 6 for getting the lowest number of votes.
"I'm very proud of everything I've done on this show," CeCe said upon learning her fate. "I'm ready to leave it with this platform that I have acquired for myself. And I hope that I taught everybody at home that you need to love who you are, because the more you love who you are, the less you're going to need anybody else to."
"I've grown really close to you, and I'm just so proud of you," tearful Demi Lovato hugged her protege. CeCe was the last contestant in Demi's Young Adults group, meaning that the "Skyscraper" songstress has no more contestant to mentor for next week's performance show.
Emblem3, Carly Rose Sonnenclar and Tate Stevens were later declared safe, leaving Fifth Harmony and Diamond White singing for the last spot in the semifinals. After a performance of "C'mon" by Ke$ha, Fifth Harmony sang "Anytime You Need a Friend" by Mariah Carey and Diamond delivered her cover of LeeAnn Womack's "I Hope You Dance".
Judges then gave their verdict, with three of them voting to send home Diamond. Remaining optimistic, the 13-year-old girl said, "I'm just happy; I'm thinking of Cher Lloyd right now. She came in fifth and look where she is. I'll be sure to come back with one of my hit songs and I'll perform for you guys."
Diamond had gotten her second shot when she was brought back to the competition following her elimination after the first live show. She was in Britney Spears' Teens group.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3