Death Threats Force Rick Ross to Cancel His North Carolina Concerts
Danger alerts have forced Rick Ross to cancel his anticipated gigs in North Carolina. According to a report on Charlotte Observer, the Maybach Music Group mogul decides to scrap his scheduled concert stops in both Charlotte and Greensboro this weekend after receiving some death threats.
Rozay was originally slated to deliver a show this coming Friday, December 7 in Greensboro as well as another gig on Saturday at the Bojangles Coliseum as part of an MMG concert tour. He is set to headline the tour, joined by fellow rappers Meek Mill and Wale.
Words are, the rap mogul receives the threats that stem from his feud with the Gangster Disciples. The gang recently posted a YouTube video, warning the MMG boss to stay out of Charlotte. In the video, the Disciples are furious since Rozay mentions the name of the street gang founder and uses the Star of David, the symbol used by the gang, to promote himself.
Following the threats, the "So Sophisticated" rapper cancels his gigs but the exact reasons of his decisions remain unclear. Despite the threats, Rozay's friend, Deon Cole, believed that fans shouldn't worry about anything and said that both the hip-hop mogul and the North Carolina gang could work out their problems.
On Wednesday, December 5, before Rozay canceled his shows, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police issued a statement, stating that officers would remain vigilant to ensure safety. Meanwhile, Paul Scott, a hip-hop journalist who is also a minister from Durham, commented, "I think fans should be concerned. I think the parents should be concerned because you never know."
Weighing in on the violent beef that often happened among rap artists, Scott said, "Hip-hop does not represent the real street, the commercial hip-hop that Rick Ross promotes represents Wall Street and Wall Street cares nothing about the loss of human life if they can make a dollar." Of why fans should be concerned on the feud, Scott said, "No one took the Tupac Notorious BIG beef seriously until they were both dead."
Tickets of Rick Ross' North Carolina gigs will be refunded starting Friday.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered