Danny DeVito Confirms He's Back 'Working On' Marriage
There may be a hope in the future for Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman's marriage. Two months after announcing their split, the "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" actor confirmed that they are working on the marriage.
"We're working on it," DeVito told "Extra", adding that they actually have not lost contact since the announcement. "Rhea and I are really close. Actually, still together, just separate, but together," he said.
DeVito and Perlman had been married for 30 years when they went public with the shocking split in early October. Married in 1982 after 11 years of dating, the couple share three children together. They are also co-founders of production company Jersey Films.
While co-hosting "A Celebration of Carole King and Her Music" at Los Angeles' Dolby Theater, DeVito told Hollywood Life that he turned to King's hit song, "Up On the Roof" during his marriage breakdown. "You know my favorite song of hers is 'Up On the Roof'," DeVito said. "Come on ...you know, when things have gotten you down baby, you go 'Up On The Roof' where the air is sweet, and everything's beautiful ...man that's what we want to do. We all want to go Up On the Roof."
In fact, he has been listening to it repeatedly in the past few months. "I didn't listen to it today, but I listen to it a lot," he said.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy