Jack White Clarifies 'Artifice' Comments About Lady GaGa
Before things escalate and fans of Lady GaGa call out for blood, musician Jack White took the liberty to clarify his previous comments about the Mother Monster's music. He said that he was misquoted and denied that he ever meant to insult the eccentric pop diva. In a recent interview with Esquire U.K., White was quoted as saying, "I don't think she (Lady GaGa) lives it, because it's all artifice. It's all image with no meaning behind it. You can't sink your teeth into it. It's a sound bite. It's very of this age, because that's what people want."
The "Freedom at 21" hitmaker released a statement on Wednesday, December 5, claiming that he never criticized Lady GaGa's music and that the media had taken his comments out of context. He also said that the whole matter was nothing but "tabloidesque drama." White's denial was posted on his official website and contained quite a long explanation about the misquoted words.
"I never said anything about her music, or questioned the authenticity of her songs in any way. I was in a conversation about the drawbacks of image for the sake of image, and that it is popular nowadays to not question an image in front of you, but only to label it as 'cool' or 'weird' quickly and dispose of it," read White's statement.
He continued and said, "I don't like my comments about Lady Gaga's presentation being changed into some sort of negative critique of her music. If you're going to try to cause drama, at least get the quotes right."
He went on to berate journalists and said, "I think journalists should also be held accountable for what they say. Especially publications like the NME who put whatever words they feel like between two quotation marks and play it off as a quote. "
At the closing of his statement, the punk/blues rocker had a final message and peace offering to GaGa. He said, "Peace to Lady Gaga and I fully congratulate and compliment her on her championing of gay rights issues and the momentum it's given to help create change."
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards