First 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Teaser Gives Clear Look at the Villain
Finally, the highly-anticipated first teaser for "Star Trek Into Darkness" has been debuted online. Jam packed with high-octane scenes, the trailer boasts tons of stunning effects in what appears to be a climatic battle sequence.
The video opens with a narration from a deep-voiced man, who allegedly is the supervillain, saying, "You think your world is save... it is an illusion." It then rolls to plenty of intense fight scenes that escalate to massive attack by an evil force to the city. A clear look at Benedict Cumberbatch's villainous character is exposed in the video, but still, his identity has yet to be unveiled.
"Star Trek Into Darkness" will open in the U.S. on May 17, 2013. It will follow the time when the crew of the Enterprise is called back home and they find that an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As the heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.
Fans will have a chance to see the first nine minutes of the "Star Trek" sequel before "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" IMAX screenings on December 14.
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character