PSY to Record Colab With 2 Chainz and diplo
"Gangnam Style" has become a massive global hit, but for its creator, PSY, it is about time to come up with another new song before everyone gets tired of his "Op op op op oppan" tune. Fortunately, PSY has teamed up with rapper 2 Chainz and British DJ/producer diplo for his next music effort.
The colab may seem as one of the oddest and unexpected trio line-ups in modern pop world, but diplo has confirmed the news himself via his Twitter feed on Tuesday, December 4. The famed producer and songwriter said, "no lie i just finished something with @psy_oppa and @2chainz the mayan calendar predicted this." Not much detail followed the DJ's Tuesday night tweet, but fans are hoping that they will soon hear the next greatest novelty song to hit the charts in 2013.
PSY, whose real name is Park Jae Sang, has reached global fame with his viral clip for "Gangnam", which now nears one billion views on YouTube. He was signed under the same management team as teen pop sensation Justin Bieber and has performed the horse-riding dance with pop diva Madonna.
When asked how he felt about the whole dance craze, PSY quipped, "To be honest, I'm getting a bit fed up when I'm asked to teach people the 'horse dance'. But I'm going to continue with my job." PSY may feel fed up, but the craze for his dance moves has not faded yet. Fans will just have to wait and see if another hit as huge as "Gangnam" can spring from the trio's collaboration.
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Forced to Hand Over Kids to Brad Pitt
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer