PSY to Record Colab With 2 Chainz and diplo
"Gangnam Style" has become a massive global hit, but for its creator, PSY, it is about time to come up with another new song before everyone gets tired of his "Op op op op oppan" tune. Fortunately, PSY has teamed up with rapper 2 Chainz and British DJ/producer diplo for his next music effort.
The colab may seem as one of the oddest and unexpected trio line-ups in modern pop world, but diplo has confirmed the news himself via his Twitter feed on Tuesday, December 4. The famed producer and songwriter said, "no lie i just finished something with @psy_oppa and @2chainz the mayan calendar predicted this." Not much detail followed the DJ's Tuesday night tweet, but fans are hoping that they will soon hear the next greatest novelty song to hit the charts in 2013.
PSY, whose real name is Park Jae Sang, has reached global fame with his viral clip for "Gangnam", which now nears one billion views on YouTube. He was signed under the same management team as teen pop sensation Justin Bieber and has performed the horse-riding dance with pop diva Madonna.
When asked how he felt about the whole dance craze, PSY quipped, "To be honest, I'm getting a bit fed up when I'm asked to teach people the 'horse dance'. But I'm going to continue with my job." PSY may feel fed up, but the craze for his dance moves has not faded yet. Fans will just have to wait and see if another hit as huge as "Gangnam" can spring from the trio's collaboration.
More PSY News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3