Kristen Wiig Eyed to Play Steve Carell's Love Interest in 'Anchorman 2'
Kristen Wiig could end up being Steve Carell's love interest in a movie. The "Bridesmaids" actress is courted to star in the Adam McKay-directed anticipated sequel project "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", The Wrap reports.
The New York-born actress is reportedly expected to play the leading lady of Carell's iconic character Brick Tamland. How her character will fit into the plot is still unclear as the script is still being written and no cast beyond the principals has been set.
Official plot details of "Anchorman 2" are still kept under tight wraps. It is unknown when McKay will kick off the filming, but The Wrap states that the film is projected to be released sometime in October 2013.
McKay recently said that the sequel to 2004's "Anchorman" would feature musical numbers a la "Les Miserables". He told The Playlist, "There will be some music in 'Anchorman 2' though for sure, we have some songs already written."
"We were going to do 'Anchorman 2' as a Broadway musical first, for like six months and then go shoot the movie. That was our initial idea," so he elaborated further.
In addition to Carell, "Anchorman 2" will bring back Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, Christina Applegate and David Koechner as Ron Burgundy, Brian Fantana, Veronica Corningstone and Champion "Champ" Kind respectively.
As for Wiig, the 39-year-old actress was recently seen in indie flick "Imogene". She's been busy filming her new films, including "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" which also stars Ben Stiller, and "Hateship Friendship" which also stars Guy Pearce.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour