'Tron Legacy' Sequel Back on Saddle With New Scribe
After being long in gestation, the third "Tron" movie is officially back on its saddle at Walt Disney Pictures. The Hollywood Reporter confirms that the studio decides to move forward with the project and is currently eyeing a new writer to provide the latest draft of the screenplay.
It is Jesse Wigutow, who is in negotiations with Disney to serve as the new scribe for the long-gestating project. He is expected to replace David DiGilio, who penned an earlier draft of the script. Plot details of the upcoming "Tron 3" are still kept secret until now.
"Tron 3" will be a follow-up to "Tron Legacy" which earned mixed reviews and a so-so box office result in 2010. Although it did not reach Walt Disney Pictures' high expectations for a 3D film similar to the success of "Avatar", the Garrett Hedlund-starring film grossed $172 million in North America. It marked the 12th highest-grossing movie of 2012 and the largest of December 2010.
As for scribe Wigutow, he is also working for Disney to pen an adaptation of "Peter and the Starcatchers". The "Eragon" writer also teamed up with the studio for "Parallel". His other screenwriting stints include Relativity Media's remake of "The Crow" and Summit Entertainment's remake of "The Osterman Weekend".
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen