ABC Picks Up 'X-Files'-Esque Drama for Summer
ABC is prepping a new series that will likely lure "The X-Files" fans. The network has given a 13-episode straight-to-series order to paranormal investigation series "Weird Desk", which is slated for a summer premiere.
Coming from "Stargate" writer Carl Binder and "The Librarian" scribe David Titcher, the show revolves around a clandestine organization named "Weird Desk" which is tasked with investigating and solving occurrences of the paranormal, supernatural and sometimes extra-terrestrial. It operates above the levels of top secret and above the office of the President.
Leading the unit is Morgan, an obstinate, socially inept and brilliant man who would now be dead if it weren't for his special forces trained partner, Rosetta. The characters' descriptions draw a comparison to Mulder and Scully of "The X-Files".
Shaftesbury will produce the series with its co-heads Tom Mazza and Maggie Murphy executive producing.
ABC has also lined up soap drama "Mistresses" for 2013 summer. Starring Alyssa Milano, it captures the scandalous lives of a sexy and sassy group of four girlfriends, each on her own path to self-discovery, as they brave the turbulent journey together.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding