ABC Picks Up 'X-Files'-Esque Drama for Summer
ABC is prepping a new series that will likely lure "The X-Files" fans. The network has given a 13-episode straight-to-series order to paranormal investigation series "Weird Desk", which is slated for a summer premiere.
Coming from "Stargate" writer Carl Binder and "The Librarian" scribe David Titcher, the show revolves around a clandestine organization named "Weird Desk" which is tasked with investigating and solving occurrences of the paranormal, supernatural and sometimes extra-terrestrial. It operates above the levels of top secret and above the office of the President.
Leading the unit is Morgan, an obstinate, socially inept and brilliant man who would now be dead if it weren't for his special forces trained partner, Rosetta. The characters' descriptions draw a comparison to Mulder and Scully of "The X-Files".
Shaftesbury will produce the series with its co-heads Tom Mazza and Maggie Murphy executive producing.
ABC has also lined up soap drama "Mistresses" for 2013 summer. Starring Alyssa Milano, it captures the scandalous lives of a sexy and sassy group of four girlfriends, each on her own path to self-discovery, as they brave the turbulent journey together.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna