Katy Perry's 'The One That Got Away' Extended Version Video Lands Online
Fans of Katy Perry might remember her video "The One That Got Away" where she played both the young and old character of herself. Now, an extended version of the clip finds its way out on the web and presents longer opening and closing scenes.
The original Floria Sigismondi-directed video had a running time of five minutes while the new director's cut is seven-minute long. As with the original version, the clip starts off with old Perry arriving at her very posh abode. This time more clips of her wondering around the house, slowly arranging her stuff, and going into deep thought are shown.
In the living room, aged Perry's mind wonders through old memories of a lost lover, played by actor Diego Luna. A quick montage of their happy relationship fills up the screen while old Perry continues to flashback to her younger days and refreshes thoughts of past cherished moments with Luna.
The relationship goes sour and the two lovers separate with Luna getting into a tragic accident. An extended closing to the heart-breaking story presents Perry driving off into the beautiful and calm sunset.
With this extended version, "The One That Got Away" really melts the hearts of its viewers. More sadness, regret, and lost are emphasized in the seven-minute director's cut.
The song itself was included in Perry's "Teenage Dream" album released in August 24, 2010.
More Katy Perry News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked