The Wanted Push Back New Album Release to Spring 2013
Fans of U.K. boyband The Wanted were expecting a new album this Christmas. Unfortunately, the boys are just not ready to release it yet. The new album, which was originally set to hit the stores during the holidays, has now been pushed back to an early 2013 release.
According to the fivesome, they decided to delay the album launch so they can make a record that they are proud of. Tom Parker told the Daily Star that their label wanted the new set to be released in time for Christmas, but the boys were not happy with their material and asked for the release date to be moved.
"At the end of the day it's up to us. We are the artist and the label may not like it but there's not much they can do. We've been all around the world this year. When have we had time to sit down and write an album?" explained Parker. "We have about nine songs we are happy with and could put it out now but we'd prefer to have an album we are proud of and lose an extra 100,000 sales."
Meanwhile, in a separate interview with Billboard, Jay McGuiness and Siva Kaneswaran explained that their new material was just not ready yet. "We did push [the album] back. It was meant to be this Christmas, but it wasn't ready yet so... we're thinking around April, we'll have something ready."
The Wanted have been making the rounds this holiday season. They recently performed at 102.7 KIIS FM's Jingle Ball at the Nokia Theatre in L.A. Besides their new album, the boys also plan to set up a world tour next year.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture