The Wanted Push Back New Album Release to Spring 2013
Fans of U.K. boyband The Wanted were expecting a new album this Christmas. Unfortunately, the boys are just not ready to release it yet. The new album, which was originally set to hit the stores during the holidays, has now been pushed back to an early 2013 release.
According to the fivesome, they decided to delay the album launch so they can make a record that they are proud of. Tom Parker told the Daily Star that their label wanted the new set to be released in time for Christmas, but the boys were not happy with their material and asked for the release date to be moved.
"At the end of the day it's up to us. We are the artist and the label may not like it but there's not much they can do. We've been all around the world this year. When have we had time to sit down and write an album?" explained Parker. "We have about nine songs we are happy with and could put it out now but we'd prefer to have an album we are proud of and lose an extra 100,000 sales."
Meanwhile, in a separate interview with Billboard, Jay McGuiness and Siva Kaneswaran explained that their new material was just not ready yet. "We did push [the album] back. It was meant to be this Christmas, but it wasn't ready yet so... we're thinking around April, we'll have something ready."
The Wanted have been making the rounds this holiday season. They recently performed at 102.7 KIIS FM's Jingle Ball at the Nokia Theatre in L.A. Besides their new album, the boys also plan to set up a world tour next year.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard