The Wanted Push Back New Album Release to Spring 2013
Fans of U.K. boyband The Wanted were expecting a new album this Christmas. Unfortunately, the boys are just not ready to release it yet. The new album, which was originally set to hit the stores during the holidays, has now been pushed back to an early 2013 release.
According to the fivesome, they decided to delay the album launch so they can make a record that they are proud of. Tom Parker told the Daily Star that their label wanted the new set to be released in time for Christmas, but the boys were not happy with their material and asked for the release date to be moved.
"At the end of the day it's up to us. We are the artist and the label may not like it but there's not much they can do. We've been all around the world this year. When have we had time to sit down and write an album?" explained Parker. "We have about nine songs we are happy with and could put it out now but we'd prefer to have an album we are proud of and lose an extra 100,000 sales."
Meanwhile, in a separate interview with Billboard, Jay McGuiness and Siva Kaneswaran explained that their new material was just not ready yet. "We did push [the album] back. It was meant to be this Christmas, but it wasn't ready yet so... we're thinking around April, we'll have something ready."
The Wanted have been making the rounds this holiday season. They recently performed at 102.7 KIIS FM's Jingle Ball at the Nokia Theatre in L.A. Besides their new album, the boys also plan to set up a world tour next year.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up