Jazz Legend Dave Brubeck Died of Heart Failure a Day Before 92nd Birthday
Music world is mourning the loss of another legend, a pioneering jazz composer and pianist Dave Brubeck. The Concord native passed away on Wednesday, December 5 due to heart failure, one day before what would have been his 92nd birthday.
Dave died while on his way to a cardiology appointment with his son at Norwalk Hospital in Connecticut. He is survived by wife of 70 years, four sons, a daughter, and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He had another son who died in 2009.
Dave, who was well known for his piece "Take Five", was considered to be one of the foremost exponents of progressive jazz. He got Lifetime Achievement Award at 1996 Grammys and received medallion from Kennedy Center Honor.
In the wake of his death, many musicians around the world including Quincy Jones tweeted their condolences to remember the pioneer. "RIP Dave Brubeck - one of the great jazz pianist and composers of our generation," so he wrote.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch