Jazz Legend Dave Brubeck Died of Heart Failure a Day Before 92nd Birthday
Music world is mourning the loss of another legend, a pioneering jazz composer and pianist Dave Brubeck. The Concord native passed away on Wednesday, December 5 due to heart failure, one day before what would have been his 92nd birthday.
Dave died while on his way to a cardiology appointment with his son at Norwalk Hospital in Connecticut. He is survived by wife of 70 years, four sons, a daughter, and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He had another son who died in 2009.
Dave, who was well known for his piece "Take Five", was considered to be one of the foremost exponents of progressive jazz. He got Lifetime Achievement Award at 1996 Grammys and received medallion from Kennedy Center Honor.
In the wake of his death, many musicians around the world including Quincy Jones tweeted their condolences to remember the pioneer. "RIP Dave Brubeck - one of the great jazz pianist and composers of our generation," so he wrote.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby