Jazz Legend Dave Brubeck Died of Heart Failure a Day Before 92nd Birthday
Music world is mourning the loss of another legend, a pioneering jazz composer and pianist Dave Brubeck. The Concord native passed away on Wednesday, December 5 due to heart failure, one day before what would have been his 92nd birthday.
Dave died while on his way to a cardiology appointment with his son at Norwalk Hospital in Connecticut. He is survived by wife of 70 years, four sons, a daughter, and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He had another son who died in 2009.
Dave, who was well known for his piece "Take Five", was considered to be one of the foremost exponents of progressive jazz. He got Lifetime Achievement Award at 1996 Grammys and received medallion from Kennedy Center Honor.
In the wake of his death, many musicians around the world including Quincy Jones tweeted their condolences to remember the pioneer. "RIP Dave Brubeck - one of the great jazz pianist and composers of our generation," so he wrote.
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds