Jazz Legend Dave Brubeck Died of Heart Failure a Day Before 92nd Birthday
Music world is mourning the loss of another legend, a pioneering jazz composer and pianist Dave Brubeck. The Concord native passed away on Wednesday, December 5 due to heart failure, one day before what would have been his 92nd birthday.
Dave died while on his way to a cardiology appointment with his son at Norwalk Hospital in Connecticut. He is survived by wife of 70 years, four sons, a daughter, and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He had another son who died in 2009.
Dave, who was well known for his piece "Take Five", was considered to be one of the foremost exponents of progressive jazz. He got Lifetime Achievement Award at 1996 Grammys and received medallion from Kennedy Center Honor.
In the wake of his death, many musicians around the world including Quincy Jones tweeted their condolences to remember the pioneer. "RIP Dave Brubeck - one of the great jazz pianist and composers of our generation," so he wrote.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special