Jazz Legend Dave Brubeck Died of Heart Failure a Day Before 92nd Birthday
Music world is mourning the loss of another legend, a pioneering jazz composer and pianist Dave Brubeck. The Concord native passed away on Wednesday, December 5 due to heart failure, one day before what would have been his 92nd birthday.
Dave died while on his way to a cardiology appointment with his son at Norwalk Hospital in Connecticut. He is survived by wife of 70 years, four sons, a daughter, and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren. He had another son who died in 2009.
Dave, who was well known for his piece "Take Five", was considered to be one of the foremost exponents of progressive jazz. He got Lifetime Achievement Award at 1996 Grammys and received medallion from Kennedy Center Honor.
In the wake of his death, many musicians around the world including Quincy Jones tweeted their condolences to remember the pioneer. "RIP Dave Brubeck - one of the great jazz pianist and composers of our generation," so he wrote.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal