Rihanna Fronting Fashion Competition Series 'Styled to Rock'
Rihanna hinted on Tuesday, December 11 on Twitter that she had a big news to share. Turns out, the singer will be an executive producer and star of a fashion design reality competition series titled "Styled to Rock".
Per Deadline, the new show has been picked up by Style channel for a 10 half-hour episodes premiering sometime next year. Rihanna will personally hand pick 12 up-and-coming designers to compete for the chance of designing fashion items for A-list celebrities.
In selecting these 12 contestants, Rihanna will be accompanied by "top experts from the fashion industries" who will act as mentors. The chosen ones will be challenged and pushed each week to their creative limits when they are tasked with styling an A-list star. A different celebrity guest will help the judges to determine the winner each week and eliminate one person.
"Fashion has always played an integral part in my life and career," Rihanna said in a statement. "I am so excited to partner with Style Network and share my creative insight with these 12 designers and give them this opportunity to showcase their work."
Salaam Coleman Smith, President, Style Media, in return said, "On the heels of our successful network rebrand, Styled to Rock and Style's new partnership with Rihanna will reinvent the fashion competition genre, fueling our viewers insatiable appetite for all things style." This will also be the network's first foray into competition series.
"Styled to Rock" is also produced by Will Smith and James Lassiter's Overbrook Entertainment and Shed Media US. More details about the show, including how to enter the competition, can be found on StyleNetwork.com.
Rihanna is also due to release her first fashion line, River Island collection, in February 2013.
- 'The Flash' Season 3 Finale Confirms the Twisted Theory, Reveals Real Victim
- Scott Disick Hoping for 'Awkward Run-In' With Kourtney Kardashian During Outing With Bella Thorne
- 'American Crime Story': Get Official First Look at Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace
- Hollywood Mourns the Death of James Bond Star Roger Moore
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing