Afrojack Doing PSY-Approved Remix of 'Gangnam Style'
Afrojack is making use of the hype around "Gangnam Style". The DJ has acquired the approval of South Korean pop star PSY to remix the extremely popular song for his debut album, due April next year.
"I remixed him two weeks ago and it's getting released next week," Afrojack told Billboard at the backstage of KISS FM's Jingle Ball concert in Los Angeles on Monday, December 3. PSY was the one who contacted Afrojack for the remix, saying "You're going to be the only one to remix 'Gangnam Style'."
Afrojack himself is a fan of the song. "It's genius!" he said, adding it's his personal favorite of the year. However, it was not like he did not fear the song. "It's a really really really big song! But three months ago I remixed Michael Jackson's 'Bad' and that worked out so I felt like 'OK. Might as well have 'Gangnam Style'," he said.
Described as "way clubbier", the eight-minute remix will appear on Afrojack's debut album which is nearly done. "It's going to get released the first week of April. I'm really excited about that. It's a big part of my heart right now," he revealed.
Among other collaborations in the album is a Chris Brown -assisted song called "As Your Friend". It will be released as a single in February, just two months before the double-disc album hits the stores.
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her