Afrojack Doing PSY-Approved Remix of 'Gangnam Style'
Afrojack is making use of the hype around "Gangnam Style". The DJ has acquired the approval of South Korean pop star PSY to remix the extremely popular song for his debut album, due April next year.
"I remixed him two weeks ago and it's getting released next week," Afrojack told Billboard at the backstage of KISS FM's Jingle Ball concert in Los Angeles on Monday, December 3. PSY was the one who contacted Afrojack for the remix, saying "You're going to be the only one to remix 'Gangnam Style'."
Afrojack himself is a fan of the song. "It's genius!" he said, adding it's his personal favorite of the year. However, it was not like he did not fear the song. "It's a really really really big song! But three months ago I remixed Michael Jackson's 'Bad' and that worked out so I felt like 'OK. Might as well have 'Gangnam Style'," he said.
Described as "way clubbier", the eight-minute remix will appear on Afrojack's debut album which is nearly done. "It's going to get released the first week of April. I'm really excited about that. It's a big part of my heart right now," he revealed.
Among other collaborations in the album is a Chris Brown -assisted song called "As Your Friend". It will be released as a single in February, just two months before the double-disc album hits the stores.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory