Kate Middleton's Nurse Reveals Medical Details to Prank Callers
There was a security scare at King Edward VII Hospital in Central London where Kate Middleton is treated. A receptionist at the hospital fell victim to a prank call made by a female and a male Australian radio DJ who pretended to be Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles respectively.
2Day FM presenters Mel Greig and Michael Christian successfully fooled the hospital staff with their fake English accent. Mel asked to "speak to Kate please, my granddaughter," and she was directly transferred to Kate's ward to talk to a nurse who takes care of the Duchess of Cambridge.
The nurse then gave a full update on Kate's condition, "She's sleeping at the moment and she has had an uneventful night and sleep is good for her. She's been given some fluids to rehydrate her because she was quite dehydrated when she came in but she's stable at the moment."
Michael, who impersonated Prince of Wales, then asked about his "son," Prince William, only to be informed that the Duke had left the hospital around 9 P.M. During the two-minute exchange, they also managed to get information on what time it would be convenient for them to visit Kate.
The security blunder was revealed after the hoax call was later played live on air. "If this has worked, it's the easiest prank call we've ever made," Michael said before commenting on Mel's impersonation of the Queen, "Your accent sucked by the way - I just want you to know."
"This call was transferred through to a ward and a short conversation was held with one of the nursing staff," a rep said. "King Edward VII's Hospital deeply regrets this incident." The hospital's top executive, John Lofthouse, added, "This was a foolish prank call that we all deplore. We take patient confidentiality extremely seriously and we are now reviewing our telephone protocols."
Kate has been at the hospital, where many British Royal members have been treated, since the weekend and is still under doctor's care due to acute morning sickness. A representative for the St. James's Palace confirmed that she's pregnant following the hospitalization.
More Kate Middleton News
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo