Fleetwood Mac to Launch New Songs in Time for Their Spring Tour
Fleetwood Mac have three new songs to accompany their upcoming reunion tour next year. Band member Stevie Nicks told Billboard that they have recorded the new tracks and plan to release them before they hit the road to Colombus, Ohio for their reunion concert. The 1970's pop/rock group is set to embark on a 34-city North American tour, which kicks off on April 4, 2013 and wraps up on June 12 in Detroit.
The new tunes include "Sad Angela" and "Miss Fantasy", which are two songs created earlier this year from jamming sessions with bassist John McVie, guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, and drummer Mick Fleetwood. The third track was described by Nicks as "an old Buckingham Nicks song that, really, we can't either one of us figure out why it didn't go on the record." All the three songs were recorded last month at Buckingham's home studio.
Nicks further explained that the group wanted to have new material included in their Spring tour. "We wanted to have something to put out before we go out, January or February, in whatever way you do that - iTunes or something. And since nobody really cares about albums anymore, if you can come up with two or three great songs and just put them out there...people can at least hear how we sound today when it comes to actually recording," he said.
It has been three years since Fleetwood Mac went on to perform in front of a live audience. They do not have a new album to support during their reunion concert, but do not appear bothered about it at all. Their North American shows include an April 8 performance at the Madison Square Garden. A series of shows in Europe and in Australia are also being discussed.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake