New 'Jack Reacher' Clip: Tom Cruise Vs. Five Thugs
Tom Cruise is an unbeatable antihero in a new clip of "Jack Reacher". Released via IGN, the action-packed sneak peek shows Cruise's titular character being attacked by five thugs on the streets. He warns the baddies that they wouldn't want to mess with him, but those bad guys ignore the warning. Effortlessly, the protagonist takes down his enemies empty-handedly though in the end he gets misunderstood by the police.
Reacher is a former military homicide investigator. He seeks the truth behind what seems to be an open-and-shut murder case after a trained military sniper is arrested for shooting five random victims. The action movie, which is directed by Christopher McQuarrie, is based on Lee Child's bestselling novel of the same name.
According to McQuarrie, Reacher is "an extremely pragmatic, matter-of-fact person." He told Entertainment Weekly, "He's very solitary, but he can't walk away from a situation that needs to be made right. His own sense of right and wrong tie into that situation and he can't leave until it's been resolved. That's his Achilles heels."
Also starring Rosamund Pike, David Oyelowo, Richard Jenkins, Alexia Fast, Robert Duvall and Jai Courtney, "Jack Reacher" is scheduled for a December 21 release in cinemas across the United States.
More Jack Reacher News
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes