New 'Jack Reacher' Clip: Tom Cruise Vs. Five Thugs
Tom Cruise is an unbeatable antihero in a new clip of "Jack Reacher". Released via IGN, the action-packed sneak peek shows Cruise's titular character being attacked by five thugs on the streets. He warns the baddies that they wouldn't want to mess with him, but those bad guys ignore the warning. Effortlessly, the protagonist takes down his enemies empty-handedly though in the end he gets misunderstood by the police.
Reacher is a former military homicide investigator. He seeks the truth behind what seems to be an open-and-shut murder case after a trained military sniper is arrested for shooting five random victims. The action movie, which is directed by Christopher McQuarrie, is based on Lee Child's bestselling novel of the same name.
According to McQuarrie, Reacher is "an extremely pragmatic, matter-of-fact person." He told Entertainment Weekly, "He's very solitary, but he can't walk away from a situation that needs to be made right. His own sense of right and wrong tie into that situation and he can't leave until it's been resolved. That's his Achilles heels."
Also starring Rosamund Pike, David Oyelowo, Richard Jenkins, Alexia Fast, Robert Duvall and Jai Courtney, "Jack Reacher" is scheduled for a December 21 release in cinemas across the United States.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS