New 'Jack Reacher' Clip: Tom Cruise Vs. Five Thugs
Tom Cruise is an unbeatable antihero in a new clip of "Jack Reacher". Released via IGN, the action-packed sneak peek shows Cruise's titular character being attacked by five thugs on the streets. He warns the baddies that they wouldn't want to mess with him, but those bad guys ignore the warning. Effortlessly, the protagonist takes down his enemies empty-handedly though in the end he gets misunderstood by the police.
Reacher is a former military homicide investigator. He seeks the truth behind what seems to be an open-and-shut murder case after a trained military sniper is arrested for shooting five random victims. The action movie, which is directed by Christopher McQuarrie, is based on Lee Child's bestselling novel of the same name.
According to McQuarrie, Reacher is "an extremely pragmatic, matter-of-fact person." He told Entertainment Weekly, "He's very solitary, but he can't walk away from a situation that needs to be made right. His own sense of right and wrong tie into that situation and he can't leave until it's been resolved. That's his Achilles heels."
Also starring Rosamund Pike, David Oyelowo, Richard Jenkins, Alexia Fast, Robert Duvall and Jai Courtney, "Jack Reacher" is scheduled for a December 21 release in cinemas across the United States.
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'