New 'Jack Reacher' Clip: Tom Cruise Vs. Five Thugs
Tom Cruise is an unbeatable antihero in a new clip of "Jack Reacher". Released via IGN, the action-packed sneak peek shows Cruise's titular character being attacked by five thugs on the streets. He warns the baddies that they wouldn't want to mess with him, but those bad guys ignore the warning. Effortlessly, the protagonist takes down his enemies empty-handedly though in the end he gets misunderstood by the police.
Reacher is a former military homicide investigator. He seeks the truth behind what seems to be an open-and-shut murder case after a trained military sniper is arrested for shooting five random victims. The action movie, which is directed by Christopher McQuarrie, is based on Lee Child's bestselling novel of the same name.
According to McQuarrie, Reacher is "an extremely pragmatic, matter-of-fact person." He told Entertainment Weekly, "He's very solitary, but he can't walk away from a situation that needs to be made right. His own sense of right and wrong tie into that situation and he can't leave until it's been resolved. That's his Achilles heels."
Also starring Rosamund Pike, David Oyelowo, Richard Jenkins, Alexia Fast, Robert Duvall and Jai Courtney, "Jack Reacher" is scheduled for a December 21 release in cinemas across the United States.
More Jack Reacher News
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney