Matt Damon and George Clooney Expected to Reunite in 'Monuments Men'
Yet another high-end actor is likely to join George Clooney's new project "The Monuments Men". Deadline shares the words that Matt Damon is currently in negotiations to star in the period drama, which Clooney plans to direct in Europe in January 2013.
Unfortunately, details of what character Damon will tackle remain unclear. Should the "We Bought a Zoo" actor close the deal, he will join a killer cast ensemble that include the likes of Daniel Craig, Jean Dujardin, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett and John Goodman.
Based on Robert M. Edsel's book "The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History", the film will follow a group of art experts chosen by the U.S. government to find artwork stolen by the Nazis during the World War II era. Clooney will not only direct and star in it, but he will also serve as the writer and producer alongside Grant Heslov.
"It's a fun movie because it could be big entertainment. It's a big budget, you can't do it small, it's landing in Normandy," Clooney once said of his next project. "Grant and I have been trying to find a project. I'm not opposed to doing a commercial film, I'm just opposed to doing a commercial film that doesn't feel organic to me. So if we're going to do a commercial film we thought, 'Let's do something that seems fun and actually have something to say'."
The project will reunite Damon with Clooney after the two worked together in Steven Soderbergh's "Ocean's" series as well as Stephen Gaghan's political thriller "Syriana". Damon himself will soon be seen in Gus Van Sant's drama "Promised Land", and later in Neill Blomkamp's sci-fier "Elysium".
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Debuts Chilling Motion Poster
- Orlando Bloom 'Apologizes' to Waitress Who Was Fired After Their 'Night of Incredible Sex'
- Meek Mill Celebrates Birthday on Private Jet in 'Glow Up' Music Video
- 'The Predator' and 'Alita: Battle Angel' Promo Posters Are Spotted at Licensing Expo
- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds to Nas Dating Rumors: We've Had Sleepovers
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Among Netflix's June 2017 Movie and TV Titles
- Bella Hadid Risks Wardrobe Malfunction in Sexy Black Gown With Sky-High Slit
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police