'Seinfeld' Alum Michael Richards to Make TV Return With 'Giant Baby'
Michael Richards has nabbed his first regular series role in more than a decade. The actor best known for his portrayal of Cosmo Kramer on "Seinfeld" is set to co-star Kirstie Alley and Rhea Perlman in TV Land's comedy pilot "Giant Baby".
The potential new series revolves around Alley's character, a Broadway star named Madison "Maddie" Banks whose life is turned upside down when her long-lost son shows up hoping to reconnect with her after his adopted mother dies. Richards will portray Maddie's limo driver.
Perlman is cast as Maddie's assistant and best friend. "Brothers & Sisters" alum Gilles Marini, who recently participated on "Dancing with the Stars" all-stars edition, has also been booked to guest star as Maddie's chef.
Richards headlined NBC's short-lived "The Michael Richards Show " in 2000. The three-time Emmy Award winner for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series also appeared in an episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" with other "Seinfeld" cast members in 2007.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce