CBS Boss on Angus T. Jones' 'Men' Rant: It Happens With Child Stars Over Time
CBS honcho Les Moonves has spoken up about Angus T. Jones' "Two and a Half Men" bashing. Met at a breakfast event hosted by Wall Street Journal on Tuesday, December 4, he said, "I don't think [the Angus situation has] been quite resolved."
When comparing Jones' rant to Charlie Sheen's back in 2011, the CBS CEO thought the latest one was nothing. "But after going through what we went through with Charlie Sheen, it's been a piece of cake," he said.
Still sharing about how he saw the issue, he added, "It seems to be what happens with child stars over time." He went on elaborating, "We took this boy who started with us when he was eight years old. Now he's making over $300,000 per week, which is not a bad salary for a 19-year-old kid. By the way, he's still collecting his $300,000 per week."
Later that day at the 40th UBS Global Media and Communications Conference, Moonves also made jokes in reference to Jones' outburst. "I don't have any kids calling me filthy in the publishing [space]," he enthused when talking about the financial success of Simon & Schuster, a publishing company which is a division of CBS Corporation.
Jones shocked people when bashing "Men" in a video testimony for a Christian group. "If you watch 'Two and a Half Men', please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men'. I'm on 'Two and a Half Men' and I don't want to be on it," he said. "Please stop watching it and filling your head with filth."
The 19-year-old actor later apologized for it, stating, "I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that." He's expected to stay on the CBS sitcom until at least the end of the current season.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics