Coldplay, Eric Clapton Join 12-12-12 Sandy Benefit Concert to Air on Cross-Platform Broadcast
Two more music greats have just been added to the 12-12-12 Sandy Benefit Concert. Rock band Coldplay and veteran musician Eric Clapton are set to join a stellar lineup of performers for the December 12 event that will take place in New York's Madison Square Garden. Previously announced performers include Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Alicia Keys, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Kanye West, Roger Waters, and more.
In addition to the amazing performances expected that night, the benefit show will attempt a one-of-a-kind approach for its broadcast. The 12-12-12 concert is slated to be aired across 34 U.S. networks and international channels. It will also have live radio broadcast and Internet streaming across six continents. According to reports from The Washington Post, concert producers estimate that the show will be available to 1 billion people in different continents.
Ticket sales from the benefit show will be donated to the Robin Hood Relief Fund. The fund is currently helping victims of Hurricane Sandy in hard-hit New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. The superstorm hit early last month and caused damages amounting to billions of dollars and claimed dozens of lives.
Meanwhile, Coldplay will perform at another New York venue this month. They are set to play at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn on December 30 and 31. Hi-hop mogul Jay-Z will co-headline the New Year's Eve show.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle