Seth MacFarlane and Guillermo del Toro Nab Their Next Directorial Projects
Following the success of his directorial debut, "Ted", Seth MacFarlane is readying his follow-up project set for a summer 2013 release. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the "Family Guy" creator is set to helm a new film called "A Million Ways to Die in the West".
Aside from directing it, the funnyman who will host next year's Oscars will star and pen its script alongside his "Ted" co-writers Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild. It is said that the story will boast a Western theme with contemporary humor. The film is also described as a "Blazing Saddles"-style pic with "one undercurrent being just how dangerous and painful life really was in the late 1800s."
The screenplay will feature MacFarlane's siganture raunchy jokes and also sees a romantic female lead. It is unclear when the actor will kick off the filming since the deal reportedly hasn't been finalized. Apart from this new project, the 39-year-old funnyman is setting up a sequel to "Ted" but it's still in the early stage of development.
Another filmmaker who has just landed his follow-up project is Guillermo del Toro. After wrapping "Pacific Rim", del Toro is set to go back to horror genre with "Crimson Peak" which tells a story about a haunted house. del Toro's Legendary Pictures has sealed the deal with Universal Pictures to develop the project, which was originally set in 2008.
Further details of "Crimson Peak" are still scarce, but it is said that del Toro is eyeing a Feburary 2014 start date for the project. The horror pic has already tapped Lucinda Coxon to rewrite the original script from del Toro and Matthew Robbins.
MacFarlane will next host the 2013 Academy Awards and he's also preparing a big screen take on his hit series "Family Guy". "It's just a matter of when," he said when asked about the possible project. del Toro, meanwhile, is expected to shoot the pilot for "The Strain", based on the books he wrote with Chuck Hogan. His tentpole, "Pacific Rim", will hit theaters Stateside on July 12, 2013.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off